I thought it would be a piece ‘o cake in this day and age to find gifts galore that donate proceeds to charity, but sadly it wasn’t. No tool from Black&Decker could I find for prostate cancer research, no cute girly tee to help the MS Society…sigh. What is wrong with retailers?! Seriously. But below are really cute offerings by companies we love because they are doing something to make a difference.
Hopefully, you’ll see something you like that’s perfect for someone on your list and make a difference too:
1. For the kids: how about a super-cuddly Limited Edition Bloomingdale’s Bear for $18.00 with $5 going to the Juvenile Diabetes Research Fund? His scarf says it all — “Give Love”.
2. For Mom: The Pink Positive 3-Cup Food Chopper from KitchenAid donates $7 to Susan G. Komen for the Cure as part of it’s Cook For the Cure initiative and is a great deal at a price-grabbing $35.99 at Sears right now.
3. For a co-worker: give a Christopher Radko Christmas Ornament at $50 from Macy’s and 5% of all proceeds will benefit national charities for Alzheimer’s disease. Check out his other ornaments benefiting heart disease, or pediatric cancer research as well.
4. Your neice/daughter: maybe she’ll rethink things with this Sephora Project tote, “a beauty-ful bag that gives back” at $12 with $6 from each bag going to Girls For A Change, a national organization that empowers girls to create social change. Tuck in Carol’s Daughter Candy Paint Lipgloss with a portion of all sales going to the Lupus Foundation of America and you’ve got a great gift you both will feel good about and love.
5. Your BFF: Bobbi Brown “Feed 10” Pouch exclusively from Bloomies is filled with 3 of BB’s fave lip gloss shades: Petal, Rose Sugar and Aubergine at $50. And to top that, your purchase will provide ten disadvantaged women with food and job training through the United Nations World Food Program.
6. Your brother: give him the Saks “Whatever it Takes – Plain White Hope Tee” for $45 and a portion of the proceeds will go to Whatever it Takes, a charity artwork project of original designs from top musicians, politicians and filmmakers. Each self-expressed message of hope is sold to raise money for various global causes and philanthropies. Check out the one by Slash too.
7. For the man in your life: He’ll go nuts for Samsung’s “Reclaim” phone – the first phone in the US made with bio-plastic materials and is 80% reclyclable, plus $2 from each purchase goes to the Nature Conservancy. Check out the cool green color. It’s offered through Sprint.
8. For your neighbor: there’s nothing more neighborly that the World Food Program Feed Bag made of cotton and burlap – a great gift to “wrap” presents in too. At $35, your purchase of the Feed Bag feeds one child for ONE school year!
9. For Her: she’ll love this 18K Gold Plated EB Mini Butterfly Necklace on a brown cord. Courtney Cox and David Arquette designed a line of jewelry for Satya Jewelry with the proceeds benefitting the EB Medical Research Foundation. At $34 this is a great buy. Epidermolysis Bullosa is a rare childhood skin disease.
10. For Grandma: she’ll cuddle up in Sunbeam’s MicroPlush Warming Throw…this is my go-to gift this year for everyone. They’re soft and comfy and can help you save money by turning down your thermostat while you still stay toasty. AND this pink version at $33 is the perfect gift because The American Breast Cancer Society will receive a portion of the sales from every pink throw sold.
If you have any great tips of other gifts where a portion goes to charity, by all means, let us know. weBEgirls always wants to help others out!
EDITOR’S NOTE: In response to this article, weBEgirls heard about a company that we would love to let you know about. It’s called the GiveCard – One Card, Two Gifts. The GiveCard is a prepaid gift card that shares $5 of it’s value with the charity of the recipient’s choice. The rest spends like cash wherever Visa debit cards are accepted. Plus the company donates over 10% of its own profits back to charities. Your recipients have over 5000 charities to choose from. It’s the first of its kind gift giving card and we just love it!